DIRECTIONS FOR TRAVELING TO
CASA COSTA PALMERA
PLAYA GRANDE BEACH, COSTA RICA
Costa Rica Vacation Destinations
This Travel page is designed to inform you about some of the little things that you will need to know on when getting ready for your big vacation in paradise.
The City where you can fly into
If you are traveling from the US, it is best to book your plane ticket to fly into the city of Liberia. The symbol for the airport is LIR. The airport is officially called the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport. The airport is approximately 40 miles north east of Playa Grande and is about a 50 minute Shuttle ride to Costa Palmera. It is best that you plan for a shuttle ahead of time to take you to and from the airport. Renting a vehicle is also another option, and we can arrange that for you.
We can arrange a shuttle for transportation to and from Liberia once you confirm your reservation. We have a well-established business relationship with numerous shuttle companies and they have proven to be very reliable.
The International Airport of Liberia is a fairly small airport with only a few airlines to choose from. The airfare remains reasonable, however, it is always good to do your homework before choosing the proper airline. Here is a list of the airlines that currently fly into Liberia:
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Jet Blue Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Air Airlines
The Infrastructure in Costa Rica
Although many countries of Central America are known to be developing nations, Costa Rica is ahead of its neighbors. The Guanacaste region of Costa Rica is particularly very beautiful and there are great amounts of wealth in the area. The main roads have come a long ways and are in good condition for driving. However, those who are the adventurers, take caution. The roads off the beaten path can be very rugged and temperamental to the weather.
The colón (named after Christopher Columbus, known as Cristóbal Colón in Spanish) is the currency of Costa Rica. The plural is colones in Spanish, but English speakers often say colons instead. The symbol for the colón is a c with two slashes. The symbol “₡” which fluctuates right around 500 to $1 US Dollar. The US Dollar is strong and very common in this country, it is perfectly acceptable that you use US Dollars in your monetary transactions. However, it is always good to carry some of the national currency as well.
Traveling to Costa Rica on Vacation?
Stay on the beach at Playa Grande in the luxurious Casa Costa Palmera. A premiere, oceanfront weekly rental situated just steps from the Pacific Ocean in the Guanacasté region of northwest Costa Rica. One of the premier Costa Rica vacation destinations.
From Liberia, Costa Rica
- Leaving the airport take a right onto the highway. Follow this road for about 20 minutes.
- In the town of Belen make a right turn following the signs for Grande, Tamarindo and Flamingo.
- Follow this road until it ends in the town of Matapalo (about 40 minutes).
- Take a left in Matapalo following the signs to Playa Grande.
- Once you reach the town of Playa Grande take a left where the road splits just past Kike’s Restaurant.
- Follow this road for a couple of blocks until you see the beach and Hotel Las Tortugas.
- Take a right turn at Hotel Las Tortugas and the house is 200 meters ahead on the left hand side of the road.
- There are two large wooden gates with a Costa Palmera sign out front.